Selling your house is a big decision, probably one of the most important decisions of your life and there are a lot of things to think about before you actually decide to put it on the market.
Deciding when to sell is a decision you need to make which may significantly impact on the time it takes to sell your property and the type of offers you receive.
For many years there has been a myth that spring is the best time to sell. And while you might end up choosing to sell in spring, it’s not actually a given or the best option. There are many factors which you need to consider before deciding when the best time is.
Some of the factors you need to think about include:
- Is there a time of year that you should exclude from selling your house? For example, are there festivals or celebrations that will misrepresent your property, making potential buyers believe it is a busy area instead of the quiet area it usually is. Think of when your local streets are busy and the peak traffic seasons throughout the year.
- Does your property get very hot in summer or very cold in winter? If so, those are likely the times of the year where you want to avoid selling. If you can’t, you might need to be selective about the times of the day when the real estate agent brings potential buyers through.
However, the best time to sell your property doesn’t just mean what’s happening in your neighbourhood or suburb, or what season it is. It’s important to look at how the property market is performing as a whole.
- What is happening in the national and state economy?
- What is happening in the property market in Western Australia and what are the predicted outcomes for growth?
- What is happening in the property market in your suburb and surrounding areas?
Depending on your reasons for selling, sometimes you may not have a choice to be able to wait until it is considered the best time to sell your property.
If you find yourself in that situation ensure you speak to your mortgage specialist at Smartline Rockingham and real estate agent for advice. No matter what’s happening in the property market or what season it is or what events are on at the time, we always have helpful ideas on what you can do to get the best possible outcome, whether that includes private viewings or even holding an auction inside.
Smartline Rockingham are here to help you and will always work with you to maximise your financial success. Call us, or contact us here.